Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Recycled Tins With Blackboard Labels.

These are great storage containers.
I made these last week from metal tins I have been saving for a while.They are very easy to make and the cost is next to nothing. Blackboard labels are very fashionable at the moment and these are really mock labels. I had another one of my great ideas when we were at Bunnings a few weeks ago. I got some paint swatches the same colour as a blackboard nearly black and cut them to size and on the back I used double sided tape put it all around the edges and a few strips in the middle because of the curve of the tin so it stays on so press firmly. Then with some white chalk write on the label and if you change your mind just wipe off they work just like a blackboard.They could be added to glass jars and bottles also especially if the contents changes all the time.  I think they look really great and just another recycled project which I just love. I think they look good on my new wooden shelf on my sewing room wall....what do you think .....

5 comments:

  1. que buena idea,me gusta.Besos May

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is such a clever idea,"wow" and they look so in at the moment. They would look really great on glass jars and bottles too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are great! I've seen other versions like this and I may have to make some like these. I did some fabric covered tins a few months ago for my craft room storage and they work great for pens and paintbrushes!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great idea! Pinned it for ya!
    http://pinterest.com/pin/157626055678768522/

    Don't you hate how you know people are reading your blog, but few ever really comment? At least that's how my blog is...

    ReplyDelete
  5. fangtastic idea! simple and creative^^

    ReplyDelete