Wednesday, June 20, 2012

A Wooden Shelving Unit We found On The Kerb Side Rubbish Pick-up

Recycled Wooden Shelving Unit !
We found this wooden shelving unit on the kerb side rubbish pick up in our area a few month back.Kevan had been saying he would be happy to make me some shelves for my sewing room to put up on the wall ...So a few months back as the people were coming to collect our areas rubbish we drove down the road to see what was put out and I saw these shelves I thought they would be perfect for my sewing room wall. So we drove back home hooked up the trailer and went and collected them, it sat on our front verandah for a few months and last weekend we went to Bunnings and got all the necessary hardware we needed to fix it to the wall . We got 4 brackets at $2.90 each 8 screws at 50 cents each and some wall plugs and 2 stabilising brackets all for under $20 ....So now I have my shelf up in my sewing room it looks great and can house more of my sewing supplies to free up my table so I can use it for cutting out and other crafts.....


6 comments:

  1. Wow, good find! They look great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't it wonderful when you have a find like that. Such a great bargain ..... priceless.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great find! Looks great up on the wall; and so useful too.Good on you for being able to repurpose someone else's discard :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanx ladies I love reusing mine and other peoples unwanted treasures...if I can find a use for them ...I love my shelves it has freed up my table to cut and craft rather then using the floor ....

    ReplyDelete
  5. this is an awesome looking find! can't believe you found it curbside!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is absolutely fabulous! Great job!

    ReplyDelete